Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tag, I'm it!

I've been seeing this lil game going on around the Blogland. One blogger writes a bunch of questions and tags fellow bloggers in the post, then the people they tag have to answer and tag more bloggers, etc. It looks fun and because I'm a new lil baby blog, I didn't think I'd get a chance to participate until I got on my feet, started eating whole foods and going potty in the big kid toilet.  But then StarlitViolets over at Violet Delights  hit a big mile stone the other day. She got 50 followers (it's up to 53 today so the word about her awesome blog must have spread!)


I'd give her some martinis if I could.

In honor of her blogcomplishment, she tagged all of her followers in this game. Which made me excited because now I can play with the rest of the kids! So here goes nothing:


1. If you were a member of the Brady Bunch, the Scooby Doo clan, or The Flinstones, which character would you be? Why?

I'd be Jenny Jerkface...uh.... I mean Velma
I'd be Velma. Because her and Jenny Jerkface kinda look alike and Jenny Jerkface rocks my socks. But also because she's smart and if I'm going to be any cartoon character, I'd like her not to be a dumbass.


2. What is the one food in this world that exists solely to torture you?
THANKSGIVNG! NOM NOM NOM
Thanksgiving food tortures me year round. In 8th grade, I discovered Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday when one day in mid-September, I got a craving for it and that craving never went away. A few years ago I starting to cook Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house (all except for the turkey....I'd probably end up killing the entire family with salmonella) and have been doing it every year since. I don't know what it is about this damn holiday that has me drooling 12 months out of the year but it's awesome.



3. Explain to us, in detail, the strangest thing you've ever eaten and how you came to eat it.

Chocolate Chip Sandwich... better than it sounds. So much better.
One night me and the laaaadies ( Demanda and Daisy Darkside) were over at Daisy's house pre-drinking heavily getting ready to go out. We were hungry and Daisy pulled out some crap that made me think, "is this girl crazy?" (the answer is yes. Always yes.) and whipped up a chocolate chip sandwich. And that shit was goooooood. She hasn't made it since. But I'm going over to her house for halloween so I'm hoping for the best. (yep, thats a hint!)



4. How often do you read for pleasure (and I'm NOT hinting at fanfic here, you dirty h00rs! But ff counts as pleasure reading, just an EXTRA dose of pleasure!)?

I googled "reading for pleasure" and this came up. Yes, please!
I try to read every day. I have books galore in my room, in my closet, in my carport, in my storage. I don't know why but reading has always been a special thing to me. Actually, I guess I do know why. My grandma used to read to me allll the time when I was little. I learned to read at a very young age and would often finish a book in a day when I was growing up. She passed away when I was 5 but I will always cherish the time spent with her and be grateful for the fact she read to me as much as she did.


5. Alice in Wonderland. The first or second incarnation from Disney?
First one, fo sho!
Call me crazy, but Alice in Wonderland kinda creeps me out. Sure, I watched it when I was a kid and my mom even made me a cute Alice in Wonderland costume when I was in elementary school. But something about it is eerie to me...and the newest version looks like it's creepville 2009. Or whenever it came out. For the record, I'm calling this movie creepy but I looked like the child from Poltergeist. Not scary at all.
Not me.
Me.


6. Describe the place in your house where you usually sit to induldge in all the bloggy/Twitter fun.
This is what my bed looks like. Minus the pink throw pillows. 
I spend my twitter/blog/ff time in my bed because I'm too lazy comfy to go up to the rest of the house. Plus if I unplug my computer, it dies. It's THAT awesome.


7. What is your favorite fairy tale or childhood storybook?

Best ever!

  It was a tough choice between The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. But then I decided since I own The Little Mermaid, know all the words to it, and watched it several times a day that it would make more sense as my favorite. Plus it has a picture of a penis on the cover.

Alrighty, well there are my answers. Hope you all enjoyed reading them and learning a lil something about me! I know most of you bloggers out there have already played this game but if not, feel free to consider yourself tagged.

Here are my questions:

1. Did you ever have any weird habits when you were a kid? (eating glue, crayons, peeing in the corner, etc.)
2. What are your two biggest pet peeves?
3. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and where?
4. What is your best feature and quality?
5. Are you scared of anything and if so, what?
6. What is your guilty pleasure hobby?

3 comments:

  1. Ewwww!!!! Who is the ugly kid????? I'd take that picture down before Blogger kicks you off! *throwingupinmymouth*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever bitch, on facebook you said I was cute. Or maybe you just said " <3!!!! "

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I made up the chocolate chip sando sober as a Mormon bird (I have to clarify this bc I have seen birds that eat fermented berries to get drunk). It is THE BEST THING EVER!!! (The sando I mean...but I guess drunk birds also)

    Recipe:

    1 loaf fresh baked french bread in one hand
    1 costco size bag of choco chips in the other

    Now, put your hands TOGETHER!! BOOM!

    ReplyDelete