Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bloggy wogg numbero uno

Okay so I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while... but never actually got around to it. And then last night as I was dreaming about Twitter (yeah, I know...don't you wish you had MY fantasies??) I woke up and thought "I'M GOING TO BLOG!" I didn't have a name for it but I knew it was something I wanted to do. So I got to work today and started nursing my coffee like an alcoholic on a bottle of....whatever their alcohol of choice is, and let the names of my blog start flowing.

After two or three names came to me, none of them seemed like a great fit. "That Girl" was my first thought, but I'm twenty *cough*seven*cough* and thats far from being a girl and closer to being a cougar. And "That Cougar" didn't seem fitting since I haven't dated an 18 year old in quite some time ( for the record, its been about 10 years). Sooo I asked my friend V-Dub for some advice and she thought on it and chose something along the lines of dreaming which is what I do 95% of the time. I'm not narcoleptic or anything but my mind wanders into daydreams. I thought it was cute because it's SO me, but I needed something that REALLY describes my life. And so arrived the brilliant idea of "My Awkward Lyfe" (yes, I know how to spell life, I just like to be different).

My life isn't always awkward...its more funny than anything really. But things happen to me that elicite awkward reactions from other people. From the time I let it slip at work in a loud voice that I wasn't wearing any underwear (which I was) to the time I introduced myself by the wrong name on accident (twice) and looked awesome as I corrected myself, this blog is here for me to share my awesomeness with you. Hope you enjoy!

Now its back to work for me..... Have an awkward day! I know I will. :)

1 comment: